MEN'S NEWS DAILY HOME PAGE

Children deserve fully functioning, natural, loving, dedicated relationships with both of their parents, equally, in and out of marriage, whenever possible. Joint physical custody and co-parenting can benefit families, especially children. I'm an advocate for collaborative or cooperative, shared or co-parenting, as well as laws that encourage equality: a strong presumption for both parents', as well as extended family's involvement in children's lives.


Sunday, June 19, 2005

Thinking of you today

Today is Fathers Day.

Many fathers will spend the day surrounded by their loved ones, enjoying bar-b-ques and opening handmade gifts from their children. Other fathers will spend the day alone, or grieving a child who is missing from their lives. Today I am thinking of those dads. My heart breaks for each and every one of them. I know the depth of the love they have for their children.

I expected to read articles on the importance of fathers this week, it is Fathers Day week after all. I was not expecting all of the anti-father articles. Just yesterday I came across 4 articles written with one purpose... to tarnish the image of the Fathers and Family Rights Movement. They turned what should have been articles about the rights of children, into articles about battering men. I see clearly now that this is their tactic. They are so clever with their words and statistics. One even stooped so low as to twist the truth about me. The truth doesn't matter to them, winning does. Well, I'm here to say that I will continue to tell the truth. I believe that people know when they read the truth. I believe that people respect the truth. I know I do.

To all of the dads reading this, bless you. If you have your kids with you, hug them tight. Do something silly today. Fly balsa wood airplanes, blow bubbles, or have a water fight with the hose. Your kids will appreciate the memories. And I know you will. If you don't have your child with you today, .... heck, who am I to tell you how to deal with this? ... I don't know what to say. ... Just know that you are cared about. And you are not alone. If you haven't yet, please consider joining a family rights organization. Together we will achieve justice for our children.

I love you all,
Teri

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home