MEN'S NEWS DAILY HOME PAGE

Children deserve fully functioning, natural, loving, dedicated relationships with both of their parents, equally, in and out of marriage, whenever possible. Joint physical custody and co-parenting can benefit families, especially children. I'm an advocate for collaborative or cooperative, shared or co-parenting, as well as laws that encourage equality: a strong presumption for both parents', as well as extended family's involvement in children's lives.


Saturday, August 06, 2005

Open letter to Red Giant Productions on Hulk bashingide

have a listen

You must believe...
Never Give Up mp3 (will take you away from this page)
Never Give Up real player audio (will open Real Player)



Mark of Red Giant Productions,

I recently came across your short film Reality Round Up on ifilm I was excited to see a short film about superheroes, since I have some as friends. Any time that I find a new way to spread our message of children's rights I am happy. At one point, where you had a superhero couple playing in The Amazing Race, I was laughing out loud. I couldn't wait to share this with fellow family rights advocates and activists.


I saw the part about The Hulk. I was looking forward to it, because I have a friend who is The Hulk, and he risked life, limb and liberty to raise awareness of children's rights. I wanted to show him this funny film to give him a laugh in thanks for his sacrifices.

But I can't do that Mark. You showed The Hulk losing his temper towards children in a grocery store, something I might expect from a man-hating radical gender feminist. I'm saddened.

Let me guess, you support VAWA's gender bias too, right?

Hey listen, I've got some friends out your way. Richar Farr Of Krights Radio just moved to Colorado. I'm sure he'd be happy to let you in on the realities of gender bias and the negative images of men that already permiate our society. And my friends at Colorado Fathers, they can tell you how these things are affecting the relationships between fit loving fathers and their children.

One group anxious to solve this is Vision4Children. Here's their blog. To see that it's not just a problem in Colorado, listen to Glenn Sacks on the His Side radio show. And to see that it is a worldwide problem, look at all of the links on my blog.

And finally, I hope you'll join with us. I'd love to see you do a film that helps kids. Again, that Amazing Race piece was fabulous.

Teri Stoddard
http://feminist4fathers.blogspot.com


1 Comments:

Blogger One man said...

It is very un-PC to show men in a positive light. The Gender-Feminist screams sexism when men are portrayed as 'super' and big advertisers are strongly cautioned against it. "Why can't it be a woman instead?" they ask by way of proving your sexism. It is still ok and even encouraged to beat men down though. In a kind of Darwinian way, the perception of men as loving, strong, reliable, protector, provider is diminishing only to be replaced with contrary ideas that men are big, hairy, stupid and need be taken under control.

Great work Teri. Thanks for all your efforts.

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home